Don’t we all love the simchah of Purim? The children’s excitement, the dancing and singing of yeshivah boys, the feelings of unity and friendship that surrounds us, no matter what our age or stage.
In a simple little apartment in Bnei Brak, home of R’ Aharon Leib Shteinman, the Purim simchah reached still another level, one even more profound, elevated and enduring. This was the simchah of Torah learning and emunah, of connecting to Hashem and seeing Him in every aspect of our lives.
This is the kind of simchah you will find in the pages of Reb Aharon Leib on Purim and Megillas Esther.
Compiled by Reb Aharon Leib’s grandson Rav Avraham Yeshayhahu Shteinman, Reb Aharon Leib on Purim and Megillas Esther includes:
• Insights on Parashas Zachor and our obligation to destroy Amalek
• The full text of Megillas Esther, with commentary based on R’ Aharon Leib’s insights and writings, as well as those of other gedolim such as the Chazon Ish, Rav Shach, the Ponovezher Rav, and Rav Chaim Kanievsky (who is the author’s maternal grandfather)
• A selection of R’ Aharon Leib’s Purim customs and halachic rulings
• “Purim at the Shteinman Home” — memories from family and talmidim of what Purim was like in the Shteinman home
• Stories about R’ Aharon Leib’s incredible devotion to Torah, and his remarkable lifestyle
• R’ Shteinman’s teachings on how to be happy all the time.
No, we can no longer visit that holy apartment on Rechov Chazon Ish, but as you read through the pages of Reb Aharon Leib on Purim and Megillas Esther, you will find yourself enveloped in the wisdom, practices, and sheer gadlus of some of the greatest Torah leaders of our time.
ISBN #: 9781422631065